For general atherosclerosis (calcification of the vessels), for revitalization and heavy metal poisoning.
Chelation therapy involves the administration of the synthetic amino acid ethylene diamine tetra acetate (EDTA) aimed at preventing the development of so-called “free radicals”.
Effects of EDTA:
- Reduction of the blood potassium levels and hence stimulation of the secretion of parathormone. Parathormone is responsible for removing excessive calcium deposits (e.g. in a ganglion, at the arterial wall).
- Stimulation and enlargement of small vessels, enabling them to form a reverse cycle.
- EDTA removes excess metal ions such as copper and iron.
- Removal of toxic heavy metals (amalgam, lead, cadmium).
- Improves the integrity of the cell membrane.
- EDTA acts as antioxidant and hence fights harmful free radicals.
- EDTA reduces platelet aggregation which leads to thrombosis.
- All in all, it results in the revitalization of the whole body.
- General atherosclerosis (with high blood pressure)
- Reripheral perfusion impairments of the legs
- Impaired perfusion of the coronary vessels
- For heavy metal poisoning
- For an oversupply of “free radicals”: rheumatism, scleroderma, autoimmune disorders
- Decompensated heart failure
- Pronounced arrhythmia
- Severe kidney and liver function impairments
- Extensive aneurysms.
What does chelation therapy achieve?
- In 80% of all patients scheduled to undergo bypass surgery, the symptoms are improved to the extent that surgery is no longer required.
- Improvement of perfusion impairments of the legs, in particular in diabetics and patients with intermittent claudication. An extension of the walking distance is achieved in the process. Surgery can often be prevented.
- Improvement of atherosclerosis of brain vessels.
- For general atherosclerosis with high blood pressure, it is possible to reduce the drugs or stop them alltogether.
Chelation therapy is an outpatient procedure. It involves an infusion of minerals and vitamins as well as the active ingredient EDTA. The infusion contains active ingredients approved by the German Health Authority, BGA. Symptoms occasionally observed during the infusion such as change in blood pressure or blood glucose level can be managed by slowing down the infusion speed.