Why is it important for you to understand German Biological Medicine? It truly integrates the conventional allopathic medical sciences with Traditional European natural medicine, Homotoxicology, Photon and laser therapy, Cell therapy, Ionized oxygen therapy, Ozone therapy, Chelation therapy, Orthomolecular medicine and other therapies.
You may not have heard about some of these medical therapies (nor are you likely to hear about them through your conventional medical professionals especially if you come from a non-German and non-Russian speaking country), however they are vitally important in understanding why we get sick. The lack of discussion on these topics in conventional (allopathic) medicine explains why allopathic medicine does not have the cures for chronic diseases such as cancer, heart disease, arthritis, fibromyalgia, auto-immune diseases, and neuro-degenerative diseases. Drugs, surgery, chemo and radiation therapy are the main treatments for allopathic standard medical care which temporarily relieves symptoms but never corrects the underlying causes of the particular illness. Almost always, the medical symptoms will return as a new medical condition as a side effect of the treatment. From the point of view of Biological Medicine, healing comes from within by assisting one’s immune system to heal itself. The best a physician can do is assist one’s own natural healing by addressing the areas overlooked by modern medical doctors.
German Biological Medicine is being increasingly used by citizens across Europe as a means of maintaining their health and for treating ill-health. There is an increasing awareness that a holistic approach to healthcare is needed based on the understanding that a human being is a complex integrated whole of mind, body and spirit, closely interconnected with their physical and social environment. Between 20% and 80% of citizens in different EU countries have used Biological Medicine in their health care.They want to choose the therapeutic approach that they consider will produce the best result for their health, whether it is to maintain good health and to prevent illness, or to alleviate a health problem, and whether that belongs to conventional medicine or to Biological Medicine.
German Biological Medicine is-
- Based on solid research
- Traditional and established
- Safe for both patients and users
So what sets German Biological medicine apart from (Conventional)allopathic medicine?
- Conventional medicine is preferred in the treatment of trauma and emergencies while Biological medicine is the best option in the treatment of chronic disease.
- Conventional medicine focuses on the relief of symptoms and rarely places emphasis on prevention or the treatment of the cause of a disorder. Biological Medicine, on the other hand, strives to find and treat the cause of a disorder and frown on covering up the symptoms. Biological therapies are also much more focused on prevention.
- Conventional medicine is organ specific, hence ophthalmologists, cardiologists, nephrologists, neurologists, etc. Biological medicine, without exception, considers each person as a unique individual and uses a holistic approach in treatment.
- Conventional medicine believes in aggressive intervention to treat disease. It revels in terms such as “magic bullet” and “war” (“the war on cancer”), and prefers quick fixes (as do many patients). Biological medicine believes in gentle, long-term support to enable the body’s own innate powers to do the healing.
- Conventional medicine’s main “arsenal” consists of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, and powerful pharmaceutical drugs. Biological medicine uses time-tested, natural remedies and gentle, hands-on treatments.
- Conventional medicine practitioners are guided in their treatment by strict rules set out by the Colleges of Physicians and Surgeons. This often leads to a “one size fits all” approach. Practitioners of Biological medicine, on the other hand, treat each patient as an individual and do what, in their opinion, is best rather than what is specified in a “rule book”.
- Conventional medicine sees the body as a mechanical system (the heart is a pump and the kidneys are a filter) and believes most disorders can be traced to chemical imbalances and therefore are best treated with powerful chemicals (drugs). Biological medicine systems, almost without exception, accept that the body is suffused by a network of channels (meridians) that carry a subtle form of life energy. Imbalances or blockages of this energy are what lead to disease and clearing of the blockages and strengthening of the energy is the ultimate goal of Biological medicine.
- Conventional medicine prefers patients to be passive and accept their treatment without too many questions. Biological medicine, in contrast, prefers and indeed, in many cases, requires the patient to take a highly active part in both prevention and treatment.
- Both conventional and alternative medicine ascribe to the principle “Do no harm”. However, while Biological medicine is essentially achieving this goal, conventional medicine seems to have almost totally lost sight of it. Hospitals are now the third largest killer in USA and over one million people are seriously injured in American hospitals every year. Blood infections acquired in American hospitals cause 62,000 fatalities every year and bypass surgery results in 25,000 strokes a year. Two million patients experience adverse drug reactions in hospitals in the United States every year; of these, over 100,000 die making hospital-induced adverse drug reactions the fourth leading cause of death after heart disease, cancer, and stroke.
- The practice of conventional medicine is intimately tied in with the whole medico-pharmaceutical-industrial complex whose first priority is to make a profit. Although most conventional physicians have “healing the patient” as their first priority, they find it increasingly difficult to do so while operating within the system with its pharmaceutical salesmen, its rule books, its fear of malpractice suits, its endless paperwork to satisfy bureaucrats and insurance companies, and its time pressures. Most Biological medicine practitioners have no such constraints and pressures and can give the patient their undivided attention.
- Conventional medicine generally resists the use of natural remedies long after their efficacy has been scientifically proven (Germany is an exception to this). Most Biological medicine practitioners eagerly embrace new remedies and, in many cases, can point to years of safe use. Ginkgo biloba is now the most prescribed drug in Germany and has been found effective in the prevention and treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Also in Germany the herb saw palmetto is now prescribed in 90 per cent of all cases of enlarged prostate; in the United States 300,000 prostate operations are performed each year to solve this problem. More profitable for sure, but dangerous and unpleasant for the patient.
The major source of funds for medical research is pharmaceutical companies who, not surprisingly, are very reluctant to support investigations into lifestyle modifications, vitamins, and other unpatentable products. Nevertheless, a growing number of medical researchers are focusing their attention on natural supplements and remedies and are publishing their work in mainstream journals. The benefits of antioxidants have now been thoroughly documented by researchers at the Harvard Medical School and similar prestigious institutions. Folic acid, a simple B vitamin, has also been extensively studied in university laboratories and has been found to be effective in preventing or ameliorating heart attacks, strokes, angina, intermittent claudication, atherosclerosis, kidney disease, colon cancer, hearing loss, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Although Biological medicine physician practitioners and a small group of conventional physicians do embrace the use of natural therapies and products the vast majority of “establishment” physicians are still dragging their heels and even denigrating and ridiculing Biological medicine. This fact, perhaps more than anything else, is what is driving the rapid and massive switch from conventional to Biological medicine.
There are thousands of scientific research articles published mainly in German and Russian medical literature which proves the efficacy of Biological Medicine in the treatment or cure of different diseases. Selected articles are available for perusal under ‘Research articles’ page of this website.